Thursday, May 26, 2011
10 Reasons to be Thankful for the Rain
1. We don't have to irrigate the yard or garden.
2. We don't have to worry about dust storms or our top-soil blowing away.
3. Wild fire and forest fire danger is extremely low.
4. No worries of drought.
5. The reservoirs are filling up for our summer supply of water and for our lake recreational opportunities.
6. It decreases the pollen count in the air.
7. The plants love it. Which leads to #8
8. It makes the plants turn green which is a calming color, and don't we all want that? http://psychology.about.com/od/sensationandperception/a/color_green.htm
9. We are not fighting a heat wave.
And the best is:
10. Dad won't make us do yard and garden work when it's rainy.