Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Have Been Working!

Now that my youngest has turned 15 and there is a light at the end of the homeschooling tunnel, my husband has asked me to get a "paying" job so we can pay off the mortgage and sail off into the retirement sunset. Wow, what mixed feelings have come crashing down on my poor head! After processing and reprocessing this new turn of events I got reassurance from my husband that he never, not once, ever regretted that I didn't have a "paying" job and that he has always been totally in favor of me staying home and raising all six of our children (plus a couple more tossed in for good measure).

All these  past 27 years of mothering and teaching have been a darn hard "paying" job...just not with money. The rewards and benefits have been truly priceless and are worth immensely more than mere money.

No comments:

Post a Comment